PokeAddict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Addiction... Is our Pleasure!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Regiran
Admin
Admin
Regiran

Poke-Addict Points : 16439

Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Empty
PostSubject: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:52 pm

I decided to try and fill up all the topics and the tutorials section was one of the last left so I decided to post this. In this tut you will find all you need to know about what jobs there are and hopefully help you decide whether you want to be a Mapper, Spriter, Scripter or all 3!

All of these jobs will need a either a Pokemon Fire red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald rom.

Mapping

What it is is:
Mapping is basically hacking maps in the games or creating new ones. It requires some creativity and, like all of these jobs, determination. Unfortunately some newbies think these is the easiest job and clog up forums with they're applications to be a mapper for teams. When asked for proof of work they post a picture of there favourite pokemon surrounded by a fence.

Things you will need:
-Advance map or elite map (Advance map is better and easier)

Things you might need:
-A tile inserter to insert custom tiles.

Scripter

What it is:
Scripting is vital for any good GBA pokemon hack. It is inserting events through scripting like adding text to npcs or getting them to give you items/pokemon. Some people find it the easiest job, others find it the most complex.

Things you will need:
-A good script editor ( I'd recommend XSE)

Things you might need:
-Advance map.

Spriting

Spriting is the arty part to ROM hacking. If you're a spriter you change the sprites however you want. For example, recolouring the in battle pokemon sprite or giving your trainer an afro Smile. Ive done a bit of spriting myself and its not hard to learn, but hard to be good at it.

Things you will need:
-A good paint program ( I use Microsoft Paint but you can use photoshop or GIMP)

Thing you might need:
- Unlz-Gba for applying your creations to the game.

Other Jobs
Tile Inserter: For inserting custom tiles
Music Inserter: Inserting music
Titlescreen Editor: Editing the titlescreen
Overworld Sprite Editor: Editing overworld sprites (You'll need Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition)

Conclusion

I know this tut doesn't give much info but if you want more infos and pacific tuts on how to do these jobs, just google 'Pokemon Hacking Tutorials'.

Credits
-Poke addict for the motivation to write this!
-Nintendo and Game Freak for there amazing games!
-The makers of the tools for the tools!
-And me for the tut! Very Happy

Last edited by JBW on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Starting Addiction
Starting Addiction
Ricky

Poke-Addict Points : 16244

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Pretty good guide for beginners. You might would like to add to spriting the program Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition. It is a vital tool to ad overworlds and edit them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sk8rkid163
5qwerty
Admin
Admin
5qwerty

Poke-Addict Points : 16724

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am

Actually a good tut, but not for me.
Back to top Go down
yuuichi
Starting Addiction
Starting Addiction
yuuichi

Poke-Addict Points : 16251

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 am

this actually doesnt help anything just tells what tools to use
and you dont need a tile inserter you need to insert tiles dont just have people do it for do it yourselves and if you need help ask for help
Back to top Go down
5qwerty
Admin
Admin
5qwerty

Poke-Addict Points : 16724

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:29 am

1. Nobody just understood a word you said, have you heard of punctuation?

2. It's actually a tut because it helps beginners learn what is important in hacking and what is not important, and the major and minor tools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!   Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginners Guide To GBA Pokemon Hacking!
Page 1 of 1