PokeAddict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Addiction... Is our Pleasure!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mervyn797
New Addiction
New Addiction

Poke-Addict Points : 16049

Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking   Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 am

Introduction
I really don't know how useful this data is going to be for you. But here's it anyway! Id like to share it with you.

History
We used this while PMD Explorers Of Sky was being translated into english. (lol, you wont find it here on PC, it was on gbatemp)

Location of various files needed:
1. You need 1 ROM of PMD Eo Time/ Darkness/ Sky.
2. Open it with either Nitro Explorer or dump the entire contents with DSbuff.
3. There should be a folder named Messages. Open it, and youll find a file named e_text.str in PMD Eo Time/ Darkness or j_text.str in PMD Eo Sky. (By now you should have figured out that e stands for english and j for japanese, PMD Eo Sky you'll find japanese only, coz it hasnt been released in English till date)
4. Well this e_text.str is 1 important file, perhaps the only text file that I think is editable. Yes, it is editable.
5. Extract this file if you are using Nirto Explorer or simply copy it if you have already extracted it.
6. Now comes the difficult part, i.e. editing it. You want to try opening it with a text editor, it will take time, and generate lots of garbage. So you can use a tool which ill be posting in the Toolbox section later today. Its not mine so there are some procedures relating to file distribution.
7. And lol, dont forget to reinsert it!

Dialogue files:
Now that i've helped you locate the needed file, its time for the secondary things. I haven't figured out how to edit them so... this is just for info.
1. Open your ROM again, go to the script folder this time. There are a lot of files here, do I really recommend using DsBuff.
2. There are a lot of folders in here. Look for a folder named D01P11B (you can use the search function to locate this file), open this folder and look for files with .ssb extension. There's a 9 KB file here named m01a0208.ssb (you need to have extensions enabled to view it).
3. Open this file with notepad.
4. What do you see? Something at the top which you cant understand. But look little bit below... See something familiar? "I always end up here when I feel sorry for myself" Something your to-be partner says when he comes to the beach and sees you famished.
5. There are a lots of .ssb files which have readable text at the bottom. I havent figured out how to edit them. Maybe there is some twist about this thing. Well I'm not a programmer, a programmer might know better about this stuff.
6. The other files with extensions .ssa, .lsd, .sse I belive are some script files. I dont know anything about them!

Abbreviations:
PMD = Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Eo = Explorers of

Feel free to post your comments. Feedback from Rom Hackers and Programmers greatly appreciated. (and ofcouse you too!)

Credits
.str Editor For PMD 2 is the sole property of Grovyle91.
Back to top Go down
Codec
Ultra Admin
Ultra Admin
Codec

Poke-Addict Points : 16889

PostSubject: Re: Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking   Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:26 am

Woah!
PMD hacking!
that's new!
I love it - will use sometime
Back to top Go down
https://poke-addict.forumotion.com
mervyn797
New Addiction
New Addiction

Poke-Addict Points : 16049

PostSubject: Re: Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking   Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:22 am

thanks codec,! hack PMD Eo Sky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking   Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic PMD Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky Text Hacking
Page 1 of 1